Wednesday, April 18, 2012

5301 Week 2 - Reflection

I am in an ongoing mental battle this week. I just found out that I may not be at this school next year, which scares me because this means my action plan will be interrupted. I am frantically trying to think of ways I can still do this plan if I am moved, or if I should look at something else. One idea I had was to keep with the iPad theme, but change it from student improvement to something along the lines of  "the paperless classroom" where the iPads are used for student work instead of paper. It sounds interesting and can move with me to my next school if I get to stay in this district.

As far as what I have learned this week, I would say the Dana reading was very interesting. Chapter 2, "The Passions That Drive Your Journey", pp. 29 – 68, gave me more insight into the nine areas that the are major wonderings of many school leaders. I liked seeing these wonderings from the leader's point of view, and I actually see my principal differently. The videos were also interesting, I like hearing from actual leaders and what their take on things are. They are all very helpful and had some really greatl points. I liked what  Dr. Kirk Lewis had to say, to be practical - if the action research plan is not relative to what you can and need to implement, it will not work. If it is not practical and cannot be applied it cannot help. Being interested and being focused as well as benefits from the students will be seen if the research is useful and not simply theoretical.


Dana N. F. (2009). The Principal as Action Research. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin

No comments:

Post a Comment