Tuesday, July 3, 2012

5363- Course Reflection

     Boy oh boy was this course a doozie. Not in a bad way though. There was so much to learn and do using technology and I loved every second of it.
Before this class started I had some experience with making videos and voice-over recordings. I had used GarageBand, and iMovie. Mostly I used them for the fun of it, creating small movies for my family or just to have for myself.
     This class has really opened my eyes to so many more options and I have learned so much!
First we made a digital video over anything we wanted. I made mine over my educational journey. I chose this topic because I did not take the usual track. You can view it on previous versions of my blog. I learned a little more about how to use a different software than I had used before, Stupeflix, which I picked because I liked the name. however, I was disappointed to find out that in order to make more movies I would have to enroll friends and gain "points". Luckily I got "points" for enrolling and that gave me enough to make and share one video.
     Next I made a short podcast, a tutorial about how to edit videos in Microsoft Movie maker. This was as much of a learning experience as it was a teaching one. I was able to learn about and use Creative Commons, and am so glad I know about this website. Creative commons helps you label your creations with copyright so you can upload them and share them without worrying that they will be used without your permission. My podcast was cute and quick, and it gave me some great experience on creating podcasts using Audacity.
     The final and biggest project was the team video. We had to find 2-3 other classmates and spend time creating a team video. I am not the biggest fan of group work because in the past all of my groups have involved people who don't do their work and either I end up doing it or if the credit is given individually for the work each member does instead of an overall group, the end project is not good and sometimes not even complete. Well, this was different. my group was definitely full of go-getting overachievers who like to finish ahead of time as much as I di. We each had strengths and were able to combine these strengths to put together a video for students on Photosynthesis. It took a lot of work from everyine, but in the end we pulled it off...and early!!!
     I can certainly see using everything I learned with my students and I look forward to seeing what they come up with. I hope to start a video library of units, using my students, that can be shared and can help mine, and other students learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment